Sunday, September 14, 2008

ALUMNI, WHAT’S UP?


This year, in November, SPEC will have been running for 5 years. So many students had joined it. In 2003, SPEC only had 21 active members. The next years, SPEC had no less than 40 members. And this year, SPEC has fantastic number of members: more than 100!

So many students had joined SPEC. But, how are they? Where are they now?

Several weeks ago, I tried to find out information about SPEC alumni. Some of them had been contacted successfully through SMS and the others through e-mail. Then I asked them to give information about anything: where they are, what agenda they have, etc. I asked them to send me e-mail that informing their location (current address), agenda, recent phone number, etc. Finally, some alumni who often communicate each other with me wanted to send me information about them. The information about them can be seen as follow:

1. Zakiyah Susanti (was contacted through SMS)
I was the 3rd president of SPEC after Yusni Setiarini (2003 – 2004) and Khadis (2004 – 2005). Now, I’m studying in STIPARI (Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Pariwisata) Jogja. My sister, Ambar, whom she was the coordinator of Education Department of SPEC (2003 – 2004) also studying in STIPARI.
Zakiyah’s phone number (mobile): 085227762466
Ambar’s phone number (mobile): 085291111213

2. Siti Fatimah (was contacted through e-mail)
Hi, my name is Siti Fatimah. I am the alumni of SPEC, ex-vice president of year 2005 – 2006 who had just been graduated from SMANSABUK (nice nick name of SMA N 1 Bukateja) for about a year. Now, I am a student of Gadjah Mada University and taking Geophysics as my sub-department. Here, I join and participate in some organization that each of them have a different specialization and activities. There is necessary for me and my classmates to join HMGF (Himpunan Mahasiswa GeoFisika) and get participate on it, like other students who have a must to join their students association of sub-department. Every year, each of these organizations has their own business in preparing OSPEK / PMPL for the new students. You could imagine how busy we are in preparing this event, which have to be perfect. I also have to participate in the activities of Ramadhan which is hold by another organization, KMFM (Keluarga Muslim Fakultas MIPA). I am the member and being the professional staff of foreign language department in LSiS (Lingkar Studi Sains). You don't suppose that I will forget English do you. But, we haven't get a regular forum and starting in practicing English again this year. We've just begin the academic year on late August, so now we still in having an Open Recruitment (OR). I have to prepare an event to promote this organization as well, to see that I'm the event coordinator. Do you think it is busy enough? I have one more a new job to be added in my list! I have lately known that I was included in the committee of the anniversary of LSiS. But I'm happy to know that the class had just begin so that there isn't much of task and homework. However, I have to get an adaptation of each teacher so that I could enjoy in attending his or her class. It is a new academic year, with new materials, new teachers, new hope, new target, which all of them must to be better. I wish I could get a better GPA this year without ignoring my organization. What about you?
Siti’s phone number (mobile): 085291016998
Siti’s e-mail address: fsiti11@yahoo.com

3. Susliana Septiani (was contacted through e-mail)
Remember about me, I am Susliana Septiani alumni of year 2007. I was the coordinator of Library Department in year 2005 – 2006. Now I’m working in PT Sanyo Precision Batam, as operator in production department. I have job contract for 2 years. Living in Batam obligated me to survive and adapt with new friends, new environment and new habit when the most of peoples busy with their job.
I want to get the very nice and great opportunity in doing my job as a good worker. But sometimes, I need other activities to kill boredom too.
Lucky to me, I live at Batamindo Industrial Park (BIP) Mukakuning, which provides many organizations to post our talent. It is in Dormitory A5 and guided by Karang Taruna Siaga Yudha and PT Tunaskarya Indoswasta. I have many choices such as PMI, INKAI, Theater, English Club, Scouting, Tailing, Fighting, Writing, Dancing and Band, and Aerobic. It is specially provided for workers from hundreds Company in BIP.
I myself choose to join Siaga Yudha English Convesation Club (SYEC2) and Forum Lingkar Pena (FLP). SYEC2 established on July 4th 1999. I join in November 2007. The program that I can follow is “Regular class” which is held every Sunday and Tuesday at 08.00 pm – 10.00 pm. I get learning English with fun here. Entertainment, moving class, singing, theater and out bond. Other activities are broadcast practice at Rabbani Generation 108,7 FM (Nurul Islam mosque radio), public speaking training, Batam explore, and native speaker discussion. Special for discussion with native speaker make me get understanding communication with foreigners and realize that they don’t much pay attention at the grammar. Just talk as long as our interlocutor understands our word.
And, there is another thing here: STRC, which is stands for Speech Telling Reading Contest. It is the biggest program in every year. Usually it is presented to celebrate SYEC2’s anniversary. In this year will be presented in November 2008 in Panbill mall with other title “Speech and Singing contest”.
Besides SYEC2, I also join with FLP since February 2008. We have program called “bedah buku” and “bedah karya”.
The first members were inaugurated on September 10th, 2006 when “bedah buku” of AAC (Ayat – Ayat Cinta, a book by Habbiburrahman El Shirazy) at community center. With FLP I have opportunity to visit Akar island in “FLP goes to island” to give contribution 1000 books and magazine also give seminar about important of reading a book in our life.
In my spare time, usually I and my friends visit Ponpes and Panti asuhan Daarul Islah Batuaji to visit and help to teach reading and writing, English, and mathematic.
Susliana’s phone number (mobile): 081320484720
Susliana’s e-mail address: pethoenk@yahoo.co.id

4. Stefan Christianto (was contacted through SMS)
After graduated from SMA N 1 Bukateja, I studied in BSI Purwokerto for 1 year and now I’m taking a short course of graphic design in Mitra Aditama Purbalingga. When I joined SPEC, I was the coordinator of Media and Talent Department.
Stefan’s phone number (mobile): 081542959650

I know, the information above isn’t sufficient. Because we know, SPEC has hundreds of alumni. But, it’s impossible to expose them all and their activities in this limited space. Besides that, I couldn’t contact them all since I lost of contact with some of them. But, don’t worry. I think, to know more about alumni, you can contact one or more of the alumni above or more alumni below:

  1. Udin (Education Department 2003 – 2004, Mobile Phone: 085726054344)
  2. Zuli Musrifah (Member 2003 – 2004, Mobile Phone: 085292101629)
  3. Sefurokhman (Education Department 2004 - 2005, Mobile Phone: 085215995553)
  4. Mansur Hidayat (Member 2004 - 2005, Mobile Phone: 081327357434)
  5. Titik Pancawati (Treasurer 2005 - 2006, Mobile Phone: 085227595128)
  6. Riski Kurniawan (Education Department 2005 - 2006, Mobile Phone: 081319601475)
  7. Mohammad Soleman (Member 2005 - 2006, Mobile Phone: 08122969780)

Seven alumni above was considered still can be ensured their location. The others, have lost contact with SPEC and school. (Article by: Khadis, rename_myheart@plasa.com).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hai spec aq supyan kemrin aku habis mid semester soalnya sulit menurutku spec bagus aku ingin ikut dong

Anonymous said...

hii spec aqu hanan makasih ya spec karna kamu sudah membantu aqu spec is the bestttt

Anonymous said...

hai spec aqu faizal delima spec sangat bagus deh aqu kepinginlooo