Sunday, July 26, 2009

ALUMNI WENT TO BALI …………..

(Written by: Rizky Kurniawan)
I entered KGI writing competition 2009 to celebrate the 20th KGI anniversary and I never imagined before that I would win. I was very happy and surprised because the prize was invited to visit Bali Island. And all costs of my accommodation were funded by KGI or in other words all were free. I didn't believe that. I had to pinch my hand for twice, when I was at Adisucipto airport and hotel in Bali. I did it to convince myself that it was real, not dreaming. Of course, everyone wants to visit Bali if they have money and opportunity.

I went to Bali on 9th July and returned on 12th July. All things in my traveling to Bali were the first time. I flew with Garuda Indonesia and sat near the window. So I could see the view out of the window and it was amazing. I stayed in Bali for 3 nights and my hotel was in Legian street. It wasn't far from monument of the first Bali bomb. In Bali, I also visited the KangGuru office. I met Mr. Kevin (The Captain of KGI) and his staffs. Then, I was interviewed by the Captain of KGI for KGI radio program. But please, don't laugh when you listen to my voice in radio. Because I was nervous when talked with him. I had to hear and talk using English in more than one chance. But I enjoyed that all.

I also visited several tourist objects like Ubud Monkey Forest, Ubud Botanical Garden, and Tanah Lot temple. When I was in Tanah Lot, I couldn't be to close because there were big waves. But I was happy because I could have my dinner in Jimbaran (the location of second Bali bomb). I ate while accompanied by stars and moon in the sky, night wind, voice of waves and musician.

Before I left Bali and back to Jogja, I have free time for my self. I walked along of Legian street and arrived to the bomb monument. When I read the names of victim, I felt so sad. Why this moment had to happen in Indonesia? I continued my walking to Kuta beach. I was really enjoy beach because the situation wasn't crowded. I spent 45 minutes in Kuta beach. I could walk to everywhere without disturbance. I also wrote some sentences in the sand, tried describe my feeling and threw little corral to the sea. I really felt free like wind and wave. At same moment, I thought perhaps I couldn’t visit Bali again in the next time. So I had to enjoy every moment during my visiting to Bali.
Went to Bali meant so far from home and control from my parent. For my parent, it was time for me to get new experience in my life. Alone and separated from usual society. Of course it was become valuable and unforgettable experience. Although I was alone in Bali but I enjoyed the days in Bali. Every new thing, I tired to reflect it into my life. Might be I could use it in my life later. But this traveling have made me become more open minded and grown up (especially on responsibility and wise). And also has changed my mind about new life and people (included foreign people).

No comments: