Wednesday, August 19, 2009

LONG LIFE LEARNING

One day, in a small talk with my friends, one of them asked me about how can and why I still want to write to up date this blog, although I’m not the student of SMA N Bukateja or the president of SPEC anymore. And they also asked me whether I get “salary” or “full access” to the school because of my willingness to be active for SPEC. I said no reason for being active for SPEC, but I want to learn forever with SPEC. Because of SPEC, I got a chance to learn English, practice it, and keep it in my mind. And, if it can’t be called as “being arrogant”, I’d like to say that I became “great” because of SPEC. I can speak in English because of SPEC. Then, I can teach English (although I never take formal education for English / study in university) also because of SPEC. SPEC is a room for everyone to learn, develop, and practice the English. No matter in what level the learners are.

Then, in other opportunities, my friends asked me again. If I want to keep practicing English through blog, why should I use SPEC’s blog? The answer is really simple: I and other alumni built this blog for SPEC. In the beginning, this blog is a “present” for SPEC, because in that time, the members of SPEC were so active. And to make them more active, alumni gave this blog to be managed by the SPEC members. But unfortunately, after alumni gave this blog to them, no more up dated news here. So, I and other alumni decided to expropriate / take over this blog again. Then, as a good chance, I promote myself to manage this blog. But of course, I’m not working by myself. I’m still helped by other alumni too. It’s better than make a new blog for myself to practice my English. By making new blog, I would work alone. But, by up dating this blog, I will get help from other alumni and of course, I get an opportunity to practice my English and I can dedicate myself for an organization that made me “great”. I called this as a re-compensation.

Here, I will learn forever. Imagine, I was born and grew up in a non-English speaker country. And I didn’t study English at the university, but I got much chances to learn English in SPEC. In its blog. Then, I called this as long life learning. I realized it. If I compare my previous articles with the recent articles, I could see that there’s a good improvement although my articles are not perfect yet. But it is better than never use my English, right? I didn’t know whether I would still be able to use my English after I graduated from SMA N Bukateja if I never use my English anymore. So, not trying to be arrogant by writing this article, but I just want to motivate and motivate you to not to be shy or hesitant to practice your English anytime and anywhere. Really, English will work for you. Thanks for SPEC, thanks for Mr. Fembri, Miss. Istiana, Mrs. Ari, Mrs. Siti Khoeriyah, and thanks for Mr. Tulus somewhere in Purbalingga. Thanks for my friends and other SPEC alumni for helping me so far.

No comments: